Saturday, September 03, 2005

IndyMedia and Hurricane Katrina

If your like me, your probably getting a bit sick of this whole Hurricane Katrina catastrophe. The whole Kanye west thing. The whole "Ignoring the black people" thing. Finally, George Bush. Who can forget him?

After the Hurricane, I imagine him down at his ranch; Lying in a big bed, in children's PJs watching FOX News (You know he loves FOX). George Sr. Calls up.. "Awe shucks Daddy, do I got to deal with this?" "I'm on summer break, plus Laguna beach is on tonight". "Don't I have staff that deals with this sort of stuff?".."No Jr, you have to deal with this stuff.. Show the people that your not just a cowboy, but The Bush family actually do care about our american people" "But Daddy, I do care! I care About the American People on "Laguna beach".. They got some awful cute girls worth saving!.

Anyways, if your beliefs are center or slightly right wing, I suggest browsing the indymedia coverage of Katrina. It's some interesting left-wing reading. That being said I think "Extremist" is an understatement. If your take Indymedia for the gospel, it seems like God himself dreamed up this whole Katrina mess to slap down the black residents of the south and the only real fix would to be convert to communism.

*Note: I don't want to discount this as a tragedy. I don't mean to insult black residents of the effected states. I do believe they are being marginalized , and being used as political pawns instead of victims. It does seem that certain people are obstructing the real issue. Help people that need the help. I encourage support of the American/Canadian Red Cross, and I will be making a donation

New Orleans Independent Media Center: "Hurricane Katrina"
Hurricane Katrina- Canadian Red Cross
FOXNews.com: "Forum: Hurricane Katrina"

No comments: