Friday, July 08, 2005

TheStar.com - The Anti-Hit List for June 25:

"MALCOLM MIDDLETON, 'A HAPPY MEDIUM'

Sprung from the sombre confines of Arab Strap, this multi-instrumentalist sounds like he's channeled years of pent-up energy into this breakneck acoustic number. The results are reminiscent of the Nails' FM cult hit '88 Lines for 44 Women' crossed with the Primitive Radio Gods' 'Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth With Money in My Hand.' And if your musical tastes encompass both of those disparate referents, this one's for you. (From Into the Woods, http://www.malcolmmiddleton.co.uk/audiovideo.htm)"


I'm a big fan of the Anti-Hit list. I've been reading it for years. I followed it from the Sun to Eye and now to the Star. I'm delighted to hear that John Sakamoto/The Star has decided to create a podcast. However, the show is limited to 10 mins, and features on full song, and quite clips from the rest that make the list up. Back on June 25, he posted the above review for a pretty good track by Malcom Middleton. While it's very rooted in pop, I enjoy this track a lot better then his Arab Strap work.

No comments: