Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Mauritania???

It's been a while since my last posting. Summer seems to be flying by. In the meantime, life has keep me busy with various events like work, making jam, bailing hay, Motley Crue concerts, my vegetable garden and (most importantly) my girlfriend, Sg.

Sg moves in just under 2 months. We haven't figured out what where we are going to live. However, It doesn't really matter to me where we are going to live as I'll be just happy that we are together. We are already are planning a date to Beach 3 @ Stanley Park at Sunset. I'm truly looking forward to it. It's one of my favorite spots on the West coast and I finally get to share it with Sg.

Anyways, I haven't really been blabering too much about the news lately. It's been an interesting year so far, and I don't expect that to change. Bombings in London. The Hunt for bombers. The entire Muslim faith under a microscope. The "Is Canada next?" and "Are we ready?" debate. The plight of third world countries. Plane Crashes in Toronto. Sovereignty issues in Canada's North. Attempted Chinese takeovers of blue chip American companies. And finally, the overthrowing of the Mauritania government by it's military.

I have to admit, I had no idea that the country Mauritania even existed. However, a quick check on the CIA World Factbook reveals that it's in the North Sahara... It's also a has oil reserves, and it's (was) American friendly!.. And it is a one party Muslim state! Sound familiar? Anyways, look for your self at: CIA - The World Factbook -- Mauritania

I just read that Al-Qaida deputy leader Ayman al-Zawahri threatened Britain with more attacks... As I stated above, it's sure been an interesting year.

No comments: