Thursday, August 26, 2004

Fun, Fun, Fun... I guess all this rain we have been getting is pay back for the rest of the summer.. I'm pretty sure it has rained everyday for the last week.

Anyho, after getting mildly screwed by Bell Mobility, I dejectedly it was time to get a land line via Vonage Canada. I signed up for the $19.99 package. 500 mins of anytime calling in north America. All incoming calls free. Coool. So far, I have to say I'm very impressed. The representative I talked to when I signed up was decent. However, I think she should of giving me a Hamilton # instead of Vancouver #, when I told her of my situation. Other then that She answered all my basic questions, and accurately setup my account. The delivery of the Motorola digital phone adapter (DPA) was amazing. I received it Tuesday after ordering it last Wednesday night. The adapter included clear and concise basic installation information. It included both single PC and multi PC setups, However I disagree with some of the installation instructions.. I was also disappointed that the instructions made no mention of Universal Plug and Play(UPnP). However, ignoring the instructions, I plugged the DPA into my existing Microsoft MN-700 Gateway/Router, and plugged my phone into it (A very sexy, yet particle Panasonic KX-TG2313). I did no configuration of either device.. (A stupid person test).. To my delight, it worked wonderfully. So far the voice quality is excellent, and I appreciate the straight forward Vonage Dashboard, where I can even listen to my voicemail online. Cool. Even More cool, you can have your voicemail emailed to you. Overall, after 7 days since signing up.. The next test is the billing date.. Hopefully there will be no "hidden surprises" like so many other phone plans.

I have some pictures from rainy day a visit to Mount Baker that Stacey and I did earlier this week. I'll post them sometime soon..


No comments: