Monday, August 30, 2004

I remember my days of youth. Everytime I hear the song "Tommorow" by Silverchair, I think of Spencer Smith park, and the friday night concert series at the Gaziebo.. All of us skids, skaters freaks, and BBS G33k5 piling down there to catch whatever was cool at the time.. Maybe if the Band was good enough, pick up the tape, so on the way home, I could play in in the mighty tempo (When I was old enough to drive).. Bands like Col Chunk.. Trunk (Punk as Fuck). I think even the Rainbow Butt Monkeys, AKA Finger11 might of did a show.. I remember everybody (But me) being stoned.. I think they used to smoke up, and mess around in the bushes behind that crap-ass motel. Before I moved to BC, I was wondering around down there. I noticed that they had cut down all the bushes and the trees in the corner there.. I wondered where the kids were going to smoke up now. Acid, Pot, Shrooms, Whatever the hell they were on.. Before I drove, sometimes we would wonder around the streets after the show.. A pack of ever chaning faces, just wondering around downtown, mostly high.. I usually wondered around to waste time, and watch the druggies.. It was sort of fun watching everybody trippin' out and then coming down.. As the 'clean kid-geek-tagalong It was always my role to babysit them while they were tripping out. Usually somebody had a bad trip.. I remember wondering around downtown Burlington looking for a place to buy Orange Juice.. Somebody had started a rumor that it would bring you down from a bad trip.. I have no idea if it was true, but it did shut them up. Even though it was sort of friday tradition, It allways sucked for me, as I usually had to open at McDonalds the next day. I had alot of street cred for that "Sorry guys, i gotta go home, so i can wake up tommorow and go to work at Mcdonalds".. Not exactly the rock'n'roll job of

Anyhow, the songs that defined this time, Silverchair's 'tommorow'.. I was never a big Silverchair fan, but they defined the time well. They seemed to be young, confused and like to peform Pearl Jam ripoffs, much like the bands in Burlington.

..Rembering the summers of the past reminds me how old I am. Fuck I'm old.. I'm going to ponder what musically defined this summer. I'll post it soon.

No comments: