Monday, April 11, 2005

Looks Like My Sloan Catalog is going to double.

Sloan


I (heart) Sloan. I have been a fan ever since hearing the indie version of "Underwhelmed". I'd like to say that i was too cool for school, and bought Peppermint.. But the first Sloan album i bought was "Smeared". Now, to date myself, I'm almost 100% sure, I first owned smeared on cassette. How's that for too cool for school? After "Twice Removed", my love for Sloan was solidified. Thirteen years have passed since the release of Smeared, and I now hold their entire catalog in both CD and MP3 format. My collection is missing a few gems such as the plexi single from Edgefest 3 in 96.. (interestingly Enough, the Official Sloan Discography does not list this as a single, but I swear it was from 96) My collection does contain such rarities as the original 7 inch of "Stove/Smother"

However, it looks like I will have a chance to fill in the gaps in my collection. According to the MTV article they are re-releasing all their albums in the States, complete with bonus tracks. Bonus track that I don't own. So I suppose my collection is about to double. Hopefully they will be fully re-mastered, in all the rock and roll glory that is Sloan.

mtv.com - News - Sloan Get Nostalgic With Greatest-Hits Release, U.S. Reissues

and from Tofu Hut, Sloan "False Alarm"

Sloan is playing across Canada this spring with a stop at the Commodore on Thursday, May 5, 2005

No comments: