Wednesday, May 11, 2005

"G-Unit Brand"...
50 cent

I know that mainstream music is not music, but just a marketing tool. I'm not sure when that happened. I think the transition was around 2000 or so. It was about the time when Muchmusic/MuchMore stopped playing music, and started with "Lifestyle Programming", Whatever the fuck that is. However, when was transition that artists stopped being artists, and just a vehicle or an icon to sell shit? What the fuck is a "G-Unit" brand? And what the fuck does the G-Unit Brand have to do with Mobile phones? I know I'm not in the "urban-youth" market. I love hip-hop, but I hate the bling. From what I understand (I stopped keeping track of urban music sometime ago, G-Unit is a huge seller.. But a seller of what? A fake urban image manufactured by the heads of record and clothing companies? What ever happen to Chuck D? Do the Urban youth of today listen to Air America? Is chuck D even on it anymore? We need a does of "Fight the Power" And "9-1-1 is A joke".. More like "5-0 cent is a hoax".. Argh. There is good hip-hop out there. There is hip-hop-stars that aren't marketing tools. I will find them. I will promote them. Hip Hop needs to be refocused on the music and not the marketing.


50 Cent Shocks Toronto Club Concert Crowd With Appearance: "50 told Billboard.com that 'Zingy is a proven innovator in the mobile entertainment market,' and that they're the only company he'd trust to represent the G-Unit brand as they move into the lucrative mobile market."

No comments: