Sunday, January 09, 2005

Hmm. Finally getting around to starting the "Best of". I actually hate these things. I love reading them, but I hate doing them. I I allways know i forget great albums that I have forgotten over the year.. I'll revise this list, and add a few more comments in there. I don't really consider this a "Best of", some of these albums are not groundbreaking, others are not works of arts. However, all of them have seen heavy rotation on my winamp, car or Mp3 Player.

Top Listen to Albums of 2004 (In No Order)

1. Hayden - Elk Lake Sernade
2. Jem - Finally Woken
3. Scissor Sisters - Scissor Sisters
4. The Polyphonic Spree - Together we're Heavy
5. Franz Ferdinand - Self Titled
6. The Tragically Hip - In Between Evolution
7. Greenday - American Idiot
8. The Organ - Grab that Gun
9. The Go Team - Thunder Lightning Strike
10. Bobby Bare Jr.'s Young Criminals' Starvation League - From the end of your leash
11. Iron and Wine - Our Endless Numbered Days
12. Belle & Sebastian-Present books EP
13. Hidden Cameras - Mississauga Goddam
14. The Magnetic Fields - I
*15. Architecture in Helsinki - Fingers Crossed
16. Various - Rock Against Bush vol 1
17. A.C. Newman - Slow Wonder
18. Mirah - C'Mon Miracle
19. Bjork - Medulla
20. Loretta Lynn - Van Lear Rose
21. Modest Mouse - Good News For People Who Love Bad News
22. **Elliott Smith - From a basement on the hill
23. Steve Earl - The Revolution Starts..
24 ** Tom Waits - Real Gone
25. The Soviettes - LPII
26. ** Neko Case - Tigers have Spoken
27. Saturday Looks Good To Me - Every Night
28. Sarah Harmer - All of Our Names
29. Camera Obscrua - Underachievers Please Try Harder

Honorable Mentions:
Interpol - Antics
Morrisey - You Are The Quarry
TV on the Radio - Desperate Youth, Blood Thirsty Babes

*I know the Architecture in Helsinki albums is great. I really didn't listen to it. Stacey gave me a copy of it, and i prompty lost it. But I have this hunch. I will love it

**Late Addition. Again, I'm sure i'll like this abum alot, once it has a chance to sink in

Overhype but good album award:
Funeral ~ Arcade Fire

Straight up Rock award(s)
The Tea Party - Seven circles
Sum41 - Chuck

No comments: