Tuesday, January 18, 2005

What the hell am I listen to? Well Kids, I've been bored as sin, so I have crawling the web night and day in search of the tasiest bits of Rock'n'Roll. So here it is:

Jan 2005-Disk 1 'Life On Mars"
---------------------------------
1. Ted Leo & the Pharmacists - Me and Mia (3:31)
2. Drive-By Truckers - Puttin' People on the Moon (4:53)
3. The Wedding Present - Interstate 5 (8:06)
4. ShushShush - How to Lie (4:14)
5. Brendan Benson - What (3:36)
6. Wilco - Theologians (3:38)
7. Annie Hardy - God's Only Nose (3:15)
8. David Bowie - Life On Mars (3:43)
9. Nouvelle Vague - This Is Not A Love Song (3:56)
10. Marc Collin - Just can't get enough (3:07)
11. Feist - Secret Heart (3:49)
12. Ben Lee - Catch My Disease (4:14)
13. The Zombies - The Way I Feel I (1:33)
14. Bobby Bare Jr.'s Young Criminals' Starvation League - Your adorable beast (3:20)
15. Blanket Music - I've Got to Be My Own Way (2:53)
16. Neko Case - This Little Light (3:00)
17. Loretta Lynn - High On A Mountain Top (2:44)
18. Flunk - I've Been Waiting All My Life To Leave You (3:53)
19. Steve Earle - Comin' Around (3:42)
20. Elliott Smith - let's get lost (2:27)
21. Iron & Wine - Woman King (4:21)
22. The Postal Service - We Will Become Silhouettes (Remix) (5:02)


I was highly influenced by "The Life Aquatic" soundtrack. It's preety obvious if you have heard the album. It's just a damn fun soundtrack. I love the brazilian (I think) interpretation of the Bowie songs. I know other sites will probably refer to them as filler and "novelty". But they are just too damn good. I think the reviewer at pitchfork actually agrees with me for once. Oh, and I manged to sneak the new Ben Lee single in there. Along with the Fiest track, I think it's my favorite song on the album. For today, anyways :)

Oh, I'm going to halifax the end of this week for 3 week course on HF Tx's. I have never been their before. Hopefully, i'll be able to catch some music while I'm there. Maybe I'll even post a couple photos from the trip.

No comments: