Friday, January 21, 2005

Okay, like the 27 year old adult I'm not; I won't talk about North Van Mud Slides, Frasier Valley flooding, Western Beef, Newfie Oil or any of the other topical subjects. Nope, I'll just stick my obsession, the rawk.

Listening to "Jan Mix 05 - Not Yet Named", I have to say there are some damn hot tracks on this one kids. I'm not sure how I skipped over Death from Above album, Black History Month just slays the speakers. The news Doves track is pretty damn hot. It may not have the beauty of "There Goes the Fear", it's sure got a damn fine groove. Finally, somehow I created a CD without featuring Ben Gibbard. What gives? I hope this is still an O.C approved sound track.

1. The Killers - Mr Brightside (3:42)
2. Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict A Riot (3:54)
3. Death From Above 1979 - Black History Month (3:48)
4. Giant Drag - This Isn't It (2:58)
5. Doves - Black and White Town (4:18)
6. Franz Ferdinand - Tell Her Tonight (2:17)
7. THE FUTUREHEADS - stupid and shallow (1:35)
8. Social Distortion - Reach for the Sky (3:31)
9. Zombina & the Skeletones - Nobody Likes You (2:04)
10. Seu Jorge - Life On Mars (3:24)
11. The Grass Roots - Baby Hold On (2:41)
12. The Chemical Brothers - Galvanize (Edit) feat Q-Tip (3:14)
13. Dizzee Rascal - Learn (3:21)
14. Beck - Hell Yeah (3:28)
15. Peaches - AA XXX (Charming Man Remix) (5:19)
16. Le Tigre - Viz (21:21)
17. The Fitness - Chauffeur (4:05)
18. Subtle - F.K.O. (3:50)
19. Nouvelle Vague - Psyche (4:13)
20. Nina Gordon - Straight Out Of Compton (1:49)
21. Sandy Posey - See Ya 'Round On The Rebound (2:30)
22. Blanket Music - Tap the Beat (3:28)
23. Rilo Kiley - Its A Hit (4:29)
24. Seu Jorge - Rebel Rebel (2:24)


No work tomorrow. Yeahee. I'm flying to Halifax Saturday. Fun.
I'm looking to forward to my first McLobster. And cheap Kieths!
Stacey is flying down to join me in Halifax at the end of month. We haven't worked out details yet.. My broken tense ranting are even more childish tonight. Perhaps it's the SpongeBob Square Pants I've been watching.

Speaking of Sponge Bob, I hear it makes you go gay. Just by watching the cartoon. Is this what the right is thinking about? Fuck the situation in Iraq. Fuck the devastated areas of South-East Asia or the stupidity going in Africa.. American Poverty? Nope? World Peace? The environment? Mud Slides in North Van? No, much more important topics.. "Let's do a witch hunt for them fags, and the liberal queers that support them". I guess videos that preaches EXCEPTANCE just isn't acceptable in the New America.

Back to the rawk.

I found this somehow by poking around after a discussion on http://www.stereogum.com/ and http://music.for-robots.com/archives/000721.html about Veruca Salt. (I still love VS).. I have no idea how it lead me to a MTV website about "Best teen movies".. Anyhow, it's actually a pretty good recap of some of the more popular teen movies of the last 20 years. Except "A Cinderella Story" What the hell is that? Does the Duff Family Own MTV Stock? How does that rate? This list is nowhere complete. It's missing such classics as "Pump up the Volume", "Dazed and Confused", "Boyz n the Hood" and the ultimate teen romance "Say Anything"..
MTV.com - Movies - Features and Interviews

Another album that I missed in 2004.. Quixotic by Martina Topley Bird. I'm hoping to obtain the entire album over the next couple days to have a listen. You may recognize Martina Topley Bird as the voice from the amazing Tricky cover of Public Enemy's "Black Steel"

finally, the topic of the week on the net. http://ad-rag.com/117074.php And yes, It's a SPOOF, it's suppose to be funny. Laugh with me. Please.

I will post something later of my MYTH problems. Deleting your /home/mythtv is not a good thing.

Damn. My CD is fun... Now playing "Viz", (A song who's lyrics would make alot of the SpongeBob haters run back to thier pre-historic caves.)

No comments: