Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Well, no talk of Halifax today. I'll get on that sometime this week. Instead, on the eve of the cancellation of the NHL season, I think it's time to talk about it. Some how, up to this point, i haven't talked at all about the NHL Lockout. Perhaps, I'm like every other good canadian hockey fan. I love the game, but I don't give a fuck about the business side of it. I want hockey back, i want the NHL and the NHLPA to come to an agreement. I don't care about contraction and salary caps or salary taxes. I care about hockey in hockey markets, such as Winnipeg, Hamilton and Halifax. I care about ticket prices, and resonsible conession prices. Most of all, I care about quality, old-time hockey night on Saturday night on the cbc. As for whatever Gary Bettman and Bob Goodenow think. I really, don't care, I wish they'd get together, have a few beers, perhaps scrap it out and get the deal done, like canadian. Leave it to the lawyers and the suits to figure out the detials.

Here is a email i got today from the NHL Fans’ Association (NHLFA):

February 15, 2005

Bob Goodenow
Executive Director
National Hockey League Players’ Association
777 Bay Street, Suite 2400
Toronto, Ontario
M5G 2C8


Dear Mr. Goodenow:

After reviewing Commissioner’s Gary Bettman’s letter delivered earlier today
to the NHL Players’ Association, the membership of the NHL Fans’ Association
(NHLFA) appeals to you in the strongest possible terms to accept this
proposal and put NHL players back on the ice.

It has never been the desire of the NHLFA to take sides in this dispute; our
role is to present to you and to the NHL the views of hockey fans who
support the National Hockey League and pay your members’ salaries. We
believe the revenues coming into professional hockey are more than enough
for both players and owners to receive fair compensation.

However, the majority of our 26,700 members feel the NHL Players’
Association must be willing to concede to reasonable terms, which we believe
have been presented to you, by the NHL today.

Remember, this conflict has taxed fans’ generosity and patience to the limit
and there will be serious consequences if your association chooses not to
accept the NHL’s offer.

Sincerely,
Jim Boone
Co-founder
NHL Fans’ Association
www.nhlfa.com


_______________________________________________
NHLFA mailing list
.

2 comments:

Rex Venom said...

Ahh! Good to see such detailed lists of music ideas. Keep them coming. And hey, why not talk about Halifax? It is a rocking town, no?
Yeah yeah yeah. Go on and get all that Hockey stuff out of your brain...

Unknown said...

There will be some talk of halifax. Comming soon. When I can get off my fat ass and talk about it. soon. very soon.