Tuesday, November 09, 2004

FireFox 1.0 has finally been released. I've been using Firefox since about version .6 or so. At first Firefox was just a curiosity, I didn't the old Netscape like mozilla browser. It was big, and bulky and ugly. Firefox, was it's little brother a odd creature with a few quirks, however the slim, plugin design gave it a huge up swing. I was in control of what features my browser would have. And then, came the plugins. Adblock to be specifc. I was sold. From that point on in, Firefox is my first install on a new install. When faced in environments where IE is still the standard, I find myself hitting "CTR-T", in hopes a new tab, rather then a window would appear.
Firefox has grown into a mature well designed web browser. It is THE BROWSER to beat. Finally, with the release of 1.0, Firefox is ready for prime-time.


Firefox - Rediscover the web

No comments: