Tuesday, November 16, 2004

It's been well covered in the media.. RIP ODB.

I'm suprised I just found out about this little "SP2" quirk now. It appears starting with SP2, Microsoft has started to limit the amount of simultaneous TCP connections to 10. Previously it was unlimited. I wonder if this is a backhanded attack on P2P. I assume, for every p2p connection, there is a TCP connection as well. Limiting the amount of available ports would inevitably hinder multi-sourced transfers.. A possible answer in why lately my torrent d/ls has been slower.

Anyways, somebody has posted a fix for it. I'm sure there is a ton of security risks involved with using a non-standard backported file.. I won't suggest this fix to any of my "uninformed" friends.
www.LvlLord.de - Tips, Tricks & Utilities - News

No comments: