Wednesday, November 17, 2004

I don't really think much about the pot debate. Because I'm not involved with it and not effected directly, which ever way it goes, I never really gave it a ton of thought. I've heard Pros and cons on both sides, and each have valid points. However, after reading this Macleans article, as Canadians, we should re-visit this issue again.. Why is it that are laws have not changed, because of the threat of American trade disruptions? I know they are largest trading partner, but we have the right to deal with based on our own canadian morality, just as they have the right to refuse trade based on their American morality. However, according to this article, "The amount of marijuana seized at the Mexican-U.S. border is more than 100 times greater than the amount caught heading south from Canada", it makes me deeply suspicious that there is deeper issues at bay.



"A case for Marijuana Inc.: Legalizing Canada's biggest cash crop is all about supply and demand" STEVE MAICH

No comments: