Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Argha. My Inet Connection has been complete crap over the last week. I finally got mad, and phoned up Shaw. However, I'd was quite impressed with the person on the other side. He knew his shit, and even more important, he recognized that it was a problem (my entire neighborhood was out), and didn't bother to ask the traditional stupid question (Have you rebooted your modem?.. Doh!!)

Anyways, the only bad thing when your have your entire house wired, is when the net goes down, everything goes down (including the phone).

Tuesday Rock and Roll.. Mr Joel Plaskett and a couple tracks from his new album. Unfortunately it's a stream, not a download :(

I Love This Town *
From La De Da © 2005 Joel Plaskett

Happen Now *
From La De Da © 2005 Joel Plaskett

And Some Older Stuff;


The sounds: "Work Out Fine*
From Truthfully, Truthfully © 2003 Joel Plaskett

You Came Along*
From Truthfully, Truthfully © 2003 Joel Plaskett "


The low tech answer to monday's Myth(ical) question.. Replace the onboard soundcard, with the SB audigy from my XP box. The lowtech process was; Insert card, disable onboard sound in bios, run alsaconf, run alsamixer confirm all channels are turned on, and presto, 5.1 Sound. I believe even XINE is working. I will test it further to confirm. The only funky issues was with my MSI KM4M, in the bios there is a "AUTODETECT" setting for on board sound. It had to be turned "off", and not the autodetect for alsaconf to probably detect the audigy.. Wierd..

No comments: