Saturday, March 05, 2005

This is the unspelled/grammar checked version of this posting

Saturday,

I Went to the "Fraser Valley Boat & Sportsmen's Show, BC Hunting Show & Country Living Show". It was a good way to kill the afternoon, but I was less then impressed. It should be called "Big Boys, who love big toys and especially TRUCKS". I've always been curious when people say that are outdoors types, then the load into there mutherfucking huge ass trucks, pulling huge ass boats, and tons of electronic gear. Maybe I'm jealous because I can't afford all that gear, or maybe It's because I find all the crap a bit offensive. I like to get out into nature to enjoy, not to run it over and with my big ass truck and big ass boat. Mind you, I love toys, and there was tons of toys there.

I have been thinking about upgrading some of my outdoors gear. Stacey and I have talked about getting each other a good tent for our birthdays. As well, I'm still half looking around for a new canoe, GPS and compass. I doubt I will get all this gear this year. Especially the canoe. I'd like to get an ultra-light kevlar, one that I can portage by myself, in case Stacey can't help.

I watched Mean Creek, tonight. I recommend it for anybody who likes the classic "Stand by Me". I would definitely say this was a "hidden gem" of 2004

I'm resetting up my MythBox. However, as usual, I've been getting lost in wonderful tangents. I stumbled over this article on O'Reilly Linux Dev. (As a side note, I'm a huge fan of the O'Reilly sites and books, constantly I find myself turning to them). I found the article below on the site.

"Freevo: Freedom For Your TV by Howard Wen -- PVRs may be the next big thing in home entertainment, but relying on a closed box leaves you few options for customization. The Freevo project is building a platform for developing television-aware applications, whether recording, timeshifting, or general-purpose mayhem. Howard Wen explains the Freevo project and interviews its developers"

No comments: