Friday, March 18, 2005

More Fun with MythTv.. Playing with .iso's

I wanted to play .isos. Myth used to play them directly using mplayer.. but in Knoppmyth R5A10, it wasn't working properly.. So here is my quest and answer..

----

Post subject: Problems with XINE and iso's
Hi All,

I know this has been discussed to death, but I'm having a problem with xine and playing isos.. Using r10, I'm trying to watch isos.. with past version, (in my experiences), you didn't even need to setup mplayer.. You just dumped the iso into the directly, and played it like a normal avi.. However, it's not working now. After a quick check of the threads, it looks like people are adding a .iso extention to the file type menu and then using 'xine %s'. However, I have had no luck getting this to work. xine fires up, and then freezes on the splash, and that's it. I checked and I'm using .99 version of xine. I know 1.0 is out, but I don't see debs around..

So I guess its a two part question
1)Has anybody else experienced this? did i miss a setting?
or
2)Will building xine 1.0 from scratch resolve my problems?

thanks
prsnk

-----
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post
I actually did some more digging, and I was missing a few options.. It also disbles the logo, goes fullscreen and sets some other junk up.

i had

xine dvd:/%s

and needed

xine -pq -V Xv -f -r anamorphic -g --no-splash --no-logo dvd://%s/

anyway here is the link

http://gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/101504?search_string=Kevin%20Denniss;#101504


prsnk

---

No comments: